Problem to simulate Unity in Citect

franciscoufa

Hello!

I am trying simulate the Unity in Citect and then make the PLC (M340) connection.
I've followed this way:

IN UNITY
1-I added a Ethernet module to my M340, and I added a new network. (IP ADRESS 127.0.0.1)
2-I compiled the project and transfered to the PLC, then I put it in run. (In simulation mode)

IN CITECT
1-I opened Vijeo Citect explorer, and I created a new project.
2-In the Comunications Folder I followed the comunications wizzard.

a)Use a created I/O Server, NEXT
b)Create a new I/O Device. NEXT
c)Select the device type; External I/O Device. NEXT
d)M340-Modbus/Tcp (Ethernet). NEXT
e)IP:127.0.0.1, Port:502. TCP protocol. NEXT
f)Not mark: linking device. NEXT and END

In the END of the wizzard is the error: "the parameter is incorrect"

I don't know that I can do for resolve it!!!!

¡sorry, i'm a beginner!

Regards

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

it is not necessary to assign an ethernet module with the ip address of 127.0.0.1 in Unity
you can leave the IP what you will be using in normal day to day situations.
When you select Simulator then it will automatically connect to 127.0.0.1

I have not experienced that citect error while connecting to the unity simulator.

I will have a look...

I have created a project with Citect 7.4, with the same settings as what you used above, and did not receive an error.
if you look under your communications --> ports.
is anything created from what you have entered in the express IO setup?

otherwise start a new express IO Device setup, once you reach the driver selection look for
Industry Standard Protocols --> Modbus/TCP (ethernet) --> 0 - Start Register, Bits in Register: 0 -15

not sure which citect version your running, I only have 7.4 installed for the moment, but the drivers should be the same as listed above...

or you can select any other TCP Schneider device Quantum or Premium, just for test purposes, and see if you get the same error as what you do with the m340 driver...

I have created a project with Citect 7.4, with the same settings as what you used above, and did not receive an error.
if you look under your communications --> ports.
is anything created from what you have entered in the express IO setup?

otherwise start a new express IO Device setup, once you reach the driver selection look for
Industry Standard Protocols --> Modbus/TCP (ethernet) --> 0 - Start Register, Bits in Register: 0 -15

not sure which citect version your running, I only have 7.4 installed for the moment, but the drivers should be the same as listed above...

or you can select any other TCP Schneider device Quantum or Premium, just for test purposes, and see if you get the same error as what you do with the m340 driver...

Hello Mario!

Thanks for your reply! I've solved the proplem by installing the previous version. (I had the 7.3, and now 7.2)

It's strange that I have not been able to fix it in the 7.3 version:confused::confused:

THANKS!

You should go to Schneiderelectric.com and download Vijeo Citect 7.30 service pack and then test the communication. I had this same issue last month but after downloading Service Pack, Citect works fine. This is probably a bug in Vijeo Citect 7.30 whenever you run express setup.

You should go to Schneiderelectric.com and download Vijeo Citect 7.30 service pack and then test the communication. I had this same issue last month but after downloading Service Pack, Citect works fine. This is probably a bug in Vijeo Citect 7.30 whenever you run express setup.

It's just the solution!

Thank you very much TahirQ!!!!

i have the same problem in the same version
"7.3"
It is clear that this version has some problems
and when i export tags the same problem appear :(