problem with 9300-USBS ADAPTER

urvinder_pal

HELLO ,

Is there any problem using 9300-usbs with a windows XP service pack 3.I am not able to connect to the plc through this and 1747-CP3 CABLE.PL ADVICE.

thanks

kanwar

It's probably more of a Service Pack 3 problem than a USB/RS232 problem. The new serenum.sys driver in Windows XP Service Pack 3 breaks many existing serial drivers, including all of Allen-Bradley's.

There is an unsupported workaround that has been widely discussed on this and other Forums, to copy the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\serenum.sys file from a SP2 computer onto your SP3 computer.

If you are trying to use the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver, stop. It will not work through any general-purpose RS232/USB converter. The only interface that will allow Windows XPSP3 to communicate with DH485 networks is the dedicated-purpose 1747-UIC interface device.