Problem With Omron CQM1 H cpu 21

krishna686

Dear Sir,
Our company have a wetwipes machine an it's using a Omron cqm 1h cpu21
,now that cpu showing err/alrm led lit and comm flashing .Please help me to solve the issue with useful tips.

to check the error log and then turn to run mode need cx programmer am i right.please explain the steps and also cx programmer is a free software or not.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the above given valuable replies.
I have another doubts,
CX Programmer will run in xp/7 windows os .
And also the tutorial for cx is difficult to understand
so kindly explain it with simple steps (checking of error log )because i'm a beginner in the case of PLC programming .

CX Programmer will work in windows XP OS.

Install the program.
Start the CX Programmer software:
From the [Start] menu, select [Programs] > [OMRON] > [CX-One] > [CX-Programmer] > [CXProgrammer] to start CX-Programmer. (Or select [All Programs] > [OMRON] > [CX-One] > [CX-Programmer] > [CX-Programmer])

Online Connection to PLC Online Connection to PLC
(Automatic online connection button)
Verify that PLC model and communications setting created offline and the actual PLC are
correct.

Hope this helps you,

dear sir,
The fatal error will change when we place a new cpu or it willn't .
That depends on the fault, but you will certainly have to load the current program and settings into the new CPU.
Before you start replacing things, check to be sure that all the I/O modules are securely locked together. I have seen a few cases where the connection between modules became loose and caused an I/O bus fault.

http://omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/cqm1h/w226-e1-7.pdf

You cannot tell if it is a I/O bus fault or not. The error can be caused by several things.
Connecting via the programming software is the quickest method to determine what has gone wrong with the PLC.

To help determine what the cause is can you determine any of the following:
- Recent work in the panel?
- Last time the battery was changed?
- Did you notice the error after restoring power to the panel?
- How long ago did this machine run?
- When the machine was running, did you notice any flashing lights on the PLC CPU?

It is important to have a copy of the PLC program. Do you have a copy? Any dismantling or removal of power for extended periods of time may cause you to loose the program from the PLC.

If you are going to disconnect the units to check the bus. Here is some information from the manual above.
Note: The wire harnesses for each module can be removed by clips. If the battery in the unit is not working. You will have approximately 2 hours to do this before loosing the program in the PLC.

Hope this helps

Cqm1H Connecting Components.jpg

Dear Sir,
the problem started around two month before it means put on the plc i have
to open and close the main switch (power) for more than 5 times at that time we didn't know it was a plc issue so we didn't checked the cpu errors and one day the machine stopped suddenly at that time also we thought it was problem with any relay or something since the display was on but then understand the display didn't shows any response when we touch the i/p options .

If you have a copy of the program then you can check the bus as mentioned above. The quickest way to troubleshoot is the software as mentioned above.
This way you can see the problem.
Another option is to replace the power supply of the CPU.

Regards,