Problem with Profibus

If on the last screenshot, you only had the CP5511 and the ET200M connected, then it does not look good. You should have been able to see the slave.

Some ideas:
Check if the node number is correctly set.
Check the HW configuration in STEP7, save and compile, and download anew to the CPU.
Try to attach all, CP5511, S7 CPU and ET200M and see if the slave appears in the diagnostics together with the CPU and the PCs node addresses.
Check you cable and other hardware with another, working, Profibus installation.
Try to set the baudrate to 187.5k.

JesperMP said:
If on the last screenshot, you only had the CP5511 and the ET200M connected, then it does not look good. You should have been able to see the slave.

Some ideas:
Check the HW configuration in STEP7, save and compile, and download anew to the CPU.
Try to attach all, CP5511, S7 CPU and ET200M and see if the slave appears in the diagnostics together with the CPU and the PCs node addresses.
Check you cable and other hardware with another, working, Profibus installation.

MPI PROFIBUS
PG 0 0
CPU 2 2
IM153-1 1 1

Hi

JesperMP said:

Some ideas:

I have changed the addresses as following:

.........MPI.......PROFIBUS
PG........0...........0
CPU.......2...........3
IM153-1...............1

And I have attached the diagnostics and my test program.

The problem is that the ET200M is set to Profibus address "2" not "1".
If you look closely, you can see that node 2 is marked with white color. All the others are grey, except node 0 which is white with a checkmark. Siemens has with their ultimate wisdom chosen the colors white and pale grey to distinguish between a slave and a nonexisting station.
I have used ET200M, but if the setting of the node address is the same as on Et200S then you have a number of dipswitches 0-7. The Profibus address is derived from the binary representation of the switches.
Switch 1 does not set address 1 but 2.
Set switch 0 to set address 1.

I assume that you have made the screenshots with just the PC and the S7, and just the PC and the ET200M.

JesperMP said:
The problem is that the ET200M is set to Profibus address "2" not "1".
If you look closely, you can see that node 2 is marked with white color. All the others are grey, except node 0 which is white with a checkmark. Siemens has with their ultimate wisdom chosen the colors white and pale grey to distinguish between a slave and a nonexisting station.
I have used ET200M, but if the setting of the node address is the same as on Et200S then you have a number of dipswitches 0-7. The Profibus address is derived from the binary representation of the switches.
Switch 1 does not set address 1 but 2.
Set switch 0 to set address 1.

I assume that you have made the screenshots with just the PC and the S7, and just the PC and the ET200M.

Yes you are rigt.How can I do that together all of them.

HansAndersen said:
How can I do that together all of them.
You mean how to connect PC + S7 + ET200M at the same time.
For that you would need a Profibus cable where at least one of the connectors has a PG socket. You then plug the CP5511 into the PG socket.
If you dont have such a cable combination, then set everything right this time (correct profibus addresses !) and connect S7 + ET200M together on Profibus.
If they still do not work correctly, you can connect your PC to the MPI port on the CPU and access the Hardware diagnostics.

Gotta go now. Have to pick up the kids.

JesperMP said:
You mean how to connect PC + S7 + ET200M at the same time.
For that you would need a Profibus cable where at least one of the connectors has a PG socket. You then plug the CP5511 into the PG socket.
If you dont have such a cable combination, then set everything right this time (correct profibus addresses !) and connect S7 + ET200M together on Profibus.
If they still do not work correctly, you can connect your PC to the MPI port on the CPU and access the Hardware diagnostics.

Gotta go now. Have to pick up the kids.

Yes all three node are communicating each other with profibus.But IM153 still is not seeming on the Simatic net diagnostic.Thank you Jesper.Say Hi to your kids.

Hi Hans.

I take that the BF error LEDs have gone OFF.
On the last screenshot, you can see that all nodes are present.
Like I said in post #19, the ET200M (node 2) is displayed as present with a very-hard-to-see white color.

So your system should be working now.

JesperMP said:
Hi Hans.

I take that the BF error LEDs have gone OFF.
On the last screenshot, you can see that all nodes are present.
Like I said in post #19, the ET200M (node 2) is displayed as present with a very-hard-to-see white color.

So your system should be working now.

hi

I have solved the problem.My technicians had forgotten rear bus connector of backplane ET200M to alongside module while the system was installed.

carlos57 said:
Hello
I need some help.
I have a beverage filler that works with CPU 414-3 and remote ET 200L and ET200M and the network is a profibus.
I have a random problem with the following message:
On remote - Bus Fault and System Fault
On CPU - Bus Fault and external Fault
If I turn the system off and on again works fine until the problem shows again.
Thanks

First time using this site, I am having same problem but will reset approx 1sec later. What can I try to fix this problem.

siemens cpu414 profibus fault

carlos57 said:
Hello
I need some help.
I have a beverage filler that works with CPU 414-3 and remote ET 200L and ET200M and the network is a profibus.
I have a random problem with the following message:
On remote - Bus Fault and System Fault
On CPU - Bus Fault and external Fault
If I turn the system off and on again works fine until the problem shows again.
Thanks

I am having same problem, but it will reset within 1 seconds after faulted. Need some help.
Thanks,