Profibus DB - Cable Redundancy

mad4x4

Ok here is the problem we have a Siemens DP PLC (Master) and RIO ( slave) at the end of a Fiber Cable that runs through a Slip ring via OLMs

What we want to do is provide provide Cable redundancy to this set up so that the primary route is Fiber through the slip ring with the back up route as a WIRELESS dateable PB link. What we want is a method of fail over so if the fiber fails we can fail over to the WIFI, but we also want diagnostics on the WIFI to prove the "backup" line is good.

Thought about using a PRS ( https://se.profibus.com/produkter/prs-profibus-dp-redundancy-switch but that seems to be for 2 masters.... :(

Here is a "Simple Diagram" of what we want to Achivie

Code:
                                                    ..........                                            
[FONT="Courier New"]:...............:                              :        :                                           
:               :...........f..................:   SR   :...f....                                   
:               :                              :        :       :                ...............:  
:               :                              :........:       :                :              :  
: siemens       :                                               :................:   IO         :  
: (master)      :          .........                  ........  :                :              :  
:               :  <.......:       : . . . .  . . . . :      :..:                : ............ :  
:               :          :  DE   :                  : DE   :                                    
.................          :.......:                  :......:          

KEY
-------
DE = DataEagle (CU)
SR=  Slip Ring (Fiber)
IO=   Remote IO

f = Fiber OLM connection
[/FONT]