Profibus DP between S7-315-2DP

RheinhardtP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!

Calling on all magicians please help me,

Im busy setting up communication between 2 S7-315-2DP on Profibus DP.

I have configured one of the CPU's as a Master Module and the other as A slave ...I have set up the Data configuration from within the Slave station in the Masters Hardware configuration to set up Data leghts and Start Adresses...

I used SFC14(DP_Read) and SFC15(DP_Write) to Read and Write the Data to and from the Slave but it does not recognize the DP Slave Start Adress...I get error 8090h

Has anyone done this and can assist me ...what am i doing wrong...

Any help will be apreciated.

Kind Regards

Rheinhardt

New error

I am now getting error...

8093 No DP module/PROFINET IO device from which you can read consistent data exists at the logical address specified in LADDR.

Aaaaaarg.

Hello Rheinhardt;

When you setup the slave's memory configuration, did you set the consistency "total" or "by unit"?

SFC14/15 are used to request an amount of "consistent" data from a slave (consistenncy total); if the consistency is declared "by unit" then Profibus takes care of transporting the data, even if it requires more than one cycle.
The message you recieve seems to point out that the slave is not setup with consistent data. Could this be the problem?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

QUOTE]SFC14/15 are used to request an amount of "consistent" data from a slave (consistenncy total); if the consistency is declared "by unit" then Profibus takes care of transporting the data, even if it requires more than one cycle.[/QUOTE]

Hi Daniel yes it was set up as unit , i will change this in my Hardware configuration. How can i transfer the Data in my Slave to the assigned area for my master...It generate an error when i try to allocate Data to the area O200 configured in the Hardware...

I use SFC14 to read the data from the Slave.... IN my hardware config in the Master i have setup a S7-315 2-DP with 32 Bytes in...These i can adress using PIW.... but i cant adress data in the Slave plc i want to transmit, what block do i use in the slave to send the data to master.... Many thanks....

Last question do i use the Start Adress of the input as the LADDR or the Diagnostic adress..

Rheinhardt

Last edited:
Thank You

I got the communication going in one direction usig 2 bytes and it works nicely.....

Question...

What is the limitation on Data send to and from as soon as i try to send the Data lenth = 32 bytes i get some values but not others the SFC 14 also generates the following error in my PLC.

iagnostic buffer of module CPU 315-2 DP

Order No./ Description Component Version
6ES7 315-2AG10-0AB0 Hardware 1
- - - Firmware V 2.0.0

Rack: 0
Slot: 2

Event 1 of 10: Event ID 16# 2525
Area error when writing
Incorrect area ID: cc
Requested OB: Programming error OB (OB121)
Priority class: 1
Internal error, Incoming event
01:54:30:913 am 03/20/98

Are there updates available on SFC??