Profibus DP between two S7-1200

mikla90

Hi everyone. So, as I told first time I got here I'm a newbie in PLC programming so please be patient.
Here's the thing. For testing a device we make, I have to connect two identical S7-1200 CPUs via Profibus DP. Now, setting up the project was easy, just add the devices, the communication modules master and slave and then link the slave to the master.
The problem is when I go in the MainOB of the master and create a GET instruction in the properties section I can select the master, but not the slave! Or at least not via Profibus, only Profinet. Before getting on with memory and all the rest, why can't I see the slave even if it's connected and has a adress?
Attached a pic of the GET properties section.

Thank you!

Screenshot (16).jpg

My boss wants this, no chance of changing. When you say "just use the i/o" what do you mean? The master can read directly the i/o of the slave in its main OB?

Yes, both connected to the same subnetwork Profibus_1, with adresses 2 and 3. I even set up a couple of iSlave adresses to see if that changes something. But still nothing.

Edit: if you want some screenshot, just ask. It's easier if you ask what you want to see than me screeshotting every single thing...

Last edited:
Ok, when I try to compile the hardware I get an error on PLC1. Translated in english is something like "link partially specified. Partner interface missing."
Clealry, I missed a spot. So, this is what I did.

Create a new project, adding both PLCs and both interfaces, linking the slave to the master, checking network parameters (speed and so on), added a GET instruction in the master and got the error above. Then, when I try to compile I get that error. What did I do wrong?