Proficy M.E. bit alarms not working

Bgc1369

I am using GE Proficy Machine Edition8.6 for GE quickpanel.
(right now I am just using my desktop PC to simulate the quickpanel)
the controller is an Allen Bradley MicroLogix PLC.
I am at a point to add alarms.
I am going through the infoviewer help(step by step) to add an alarm.
I can toggle the bool(bit) on, in the PLC.
I can see the bit come on, on one of the panels but my alarm display tool does not bring up any messages.
As I said, I am using the help step by step to add the variable and the bit group and the alarm group but something is not connecting.
is there any really good video or tutorials that might show more than just the descriptions in the infoviewer help?

Similar Topics

Hi I want to press a button on the HMI screen and write to a bit within an Integer within a control logix PLC. The iFix version is 5.5 and using...
Replies
Views
I'll keep this as brief as possible, but it is a long story. I've been programming 90-30's since the late 90's. Haven't used them much lately but...
Replies
Views
We have a Proficy ME 6.0 application running on a GE QuickPanel View HMI. The panel is communicating with a Micrologix 1200 via a 1761-NET-ENI...
Replies
Views
Here's my problem, I'm a field service tech who's suddenly been tossed into a programming job. The problem I'm having is I keep getting faults on...
Replies
Views
Has anyone migrated Proficy Historian data to a new server? I followed the guide to move all the data over, but when I run the utility, it stops...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom