Profinet board communication with S71200 PLC

dabanani

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to how to set up communication between a pcb board with ProFinet chip interface and S71200 PLC.

I am not sure if I should use put & get instruction to read and write data to and from the board.

Thank you and any help is appreciated.

The pcb is manufactured by my company. I am trying to find out the steps to setup communication and program Plc.

I am not sure you understand my question. If you know the answer, what instructions are used to exchange data between S71200 PLC and Profinet I/O chip on PCB board?

Thanks

The 1200 is a profinet I/O controller. Your device would typically be a profinet slave device
To send data a gsd file is needed. This gets imported in to your hardware config in your TIA Portal project. You then define the amount of data to be sent and received. This again is determined by the gsd file (written by the manufacturer).
Get Put instructions are not used
Just I and Q can be used or sfc14/15 possibly

Last edited:
The GSD file for PROFINET is really a XML file.

When that is added, addressing is generally done by using I(W) and Q(W) in Siemens.

How your I/O chip works, I can't tell you. Go check out http://profibus.org/ ..

Thank you so much. Now I understand, can you point me to where I may find instruction on how to download the gsd file into TIA hardware configuration?

JRW,
I have the GSD file imported into S71200 project but I found my self lost as to where I need to set up I/O.

Any help is highly appreciated.
See screen shots

Thanks,

GSD_pic1.jpg GSD_pic2.jpg

Here's an example of a drive- see how the slot turns blue when an appropriate submodule can be added?
what does your look like?

plcsn1.jpg

Thank you. I was able to add the modules as you can see on the attachment. I still don't know how to access those I/O.

GSD_pic3.jpg