Prosave backup recipes

userxyz

Hi,

I have TIA v14 and v15 on my laptop.
Prosave is v15.

Can I backup recipes with Prosave v15 from an HMI where there are recipes stored on flash and where the TIA version is v14 on the panel ?

Thanks,
Combo

Hi,

I have TIA v14 and v15 on my laptop.
Prosave is v15.

Can I backup recipes with Prosave v15 from an HMI where there are recipes stored on flash and where the TIA version is v14 on the panel ?

Thanks,
Combo

I THINK Prosave is mostly Portal version independent; it just gets its image files from the portal install. I guess probably HW updates get included at some point, too, for new panel types.

Okay

Okay,

So this means that I can backup the recipes from the panel before I download a migrated v15 version of the panel. Afterwards I restore this to the Flash location with prosave and this should work ?

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Combo

I THINK Prosave is mostly Portal version independent; it just gets its image files from the portal install. I guess probably HW updates get included at some point, too, for new panel types.

Okay,

So this means that I can backup the recipes from the panel before I download a migrated v15 version of the panel. Afterwards I restore this to the Flash location with prosave and this should work ?

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Combo

I haven't used Prosave specifically for backing up recipes. If it can snag just them, then it should work. However, I think the backup is the OS and everything. Then, if you upgrade the panel to V15, when you do the restore it would probably go back to V14. Sorry if I didn't understand your question before.

I'm not aware of too many reasons to go to V15 on the comfort panels. I think there were some new ProDiag features, but nothing jumped out at me and said I WANT THAT. You might be happy just leaving it at V14 (inside your V15 project).

You should also be able to plug in a USB stick/SD card and copy the files over manually.