Protool Lite / OP3

teh

Supporting Member
Hi Folk,

I have OP3 and Protool Software, But I have never configure it before.

Can someone show me how to setup it and downlown from PC to OP3

Regards

a few questions.
have you used the step7 software before?
Did you integrate protool into S7 when you installed it?
Do you have the download cable?

Yup, i have use s7 before.

how sholud i integrate protool into s7 software?

is OP3 - PC communication cable same with OP17 - PC communication cable?
if not which typr of cable should i need for OP17 to PC?

Regards

Hello teh,

I dont understand what you need, you need the cable for OP3 or OP17?
For OP3 you will need a special cable with a 9pin to RJ45 plug for PC configuration download, but is included when you purchase the OP3.
For OP17 you need a cable with 9 pin to 15pin plug and the pinout is described in the manual.
i dont know the manual reference, but is available in the site.

Hope this help,

Hi Teh,

Fribeiro's right all the neccersary cables usually come supplied with the OP3, I dont think the OP7/17 cable will work.

If you did a standard Install of protool then i think integration is performed as default.

To get you started, create yourself a new project in step 7.

double click MPI and netpro should open from the menu drag&drop or double click "SIMATIC OP" in the menu stations.

Double click the protool icon and protool will open presenting you with a step by step wizard.

Open up "Text based Displays" and select OP3. Click next and enter PLC name,protocol and communication
parameters.

Click next and use a standard project template until you get familar with the software, Click next and then finish.

Heres the link for the manual i mentioned before:
http://www.sea.siemens.com/autogen/docs/hmi/man/Op3_e.pdf

See how you get on and post back on your progress

Regards

Steve