PS416-CPU-223 to PS416-CPU-400 upgrade

RnR

Hi all,

Firstly, I know very little about PLC programming;

And I would like to find someone who is able to undertake and complete a conversion to our machines.

We have IMA C2000 teabag packing machines currently working with (obsolete) PS416-CPU-223 CPUs (with 10 input and 5 output PLC cards) and VTP2-H-T6 touch screens; and have been attempting to upgrade to (current model) PS416-CPU-400 cards.

We purchased PS416-CPU-400 cards, flash cards and S40 software, and have had someone modify the CPU and VTP programs, but when fired up the CPU goes to 'ready' status, and the touch screen goes to the Trouble Shooting page which displays:

PLC LINK 'NOK'

PRESET DATA 'NOK'

So it seems the 2 won't communicate (using RS485)

Version information from the touch screen is as follows:

POS Version 5.03

PC Version 3.01

PLC PS3x6 SUCOMA 2.10

Also, on one of the VTP panels there is the following information;

Type: VTP2-H-T6 / Art Nr: 041242 (and Serial No), with a hand written tag: 'DP0B1011; IT-UK-FR-D; IMA 8/3/00'.

Possibly there are some unusual instructions in the programming.

The original / currently used CPU program we have saved (on hard-drive) as a back-up, the 'new' CPU program is on flash card, and both the 'new' and original VTP programs are on a loaned laptop, which we need to soon return.

Anyone seriously interested in this upgrade, please reply.

Thanks.

Regards, RnR

Hi,

We are Moeller ASPs in the UK and have loads of experience with 416, VTP and all other kit dating back to the Ark. If you mail me your programs I'll put them in some hardware and see if I can help.

Unusual to see a VTP on a 416 - not sure if the Sucom A driver will work as 316 has a different header code in it. (The 223 CPU module is really a 316 in 416 clothing !)

Matthew

www.applied-automation.com