Pump Control Scheme

@ lancie i am aware of the point that you pointed out, thats the part that im trying to figure out, on a way to have the plc automatically selected a bew run enabled pump from the remaining possibilities as you mentioned.

So I only got CCW at home but you see how I would have solved the problem.
I'm aware of that there are some bugs in the program (what happens when two pumps fails at the exact same time etc) but this is my general idea.

@rQx thanks for your time appreciate it. I looked at your code, I also noticed like you did what would happen in the instance if you had 2 pumps fail at exactly the same time. Also I think so far the code would work only for pump A, so rungs 4,5,6 and 7 would have to be done exactly the same way for pumps b,c and d. Ill incorporate this code in logix 5000 and see what I come up with. Thanks for your time I'll keep you updated

Yea, I just did PumpA. The code is just modified to fit all pumps. I think the idea for each pump is workable, just need to find a way so that the start and fail command work all the time.

Absolutely, I think it's fun to mess around with programming problems, so no worries.

Hi dbh6,

I know this is a slightly old thread but I thought I could share some...

I have an implementation for 6pumps using AOI. max 2 running and max 2 standby. The program will automatically choose pumps as standby if none is defined and also automatically fire up one of the standby if one of the running pump fails.

When you get a chance please have a look at my program. I just want to get a little bit of practice. I been away from PLC's for over a year now...

Thanks,,,,