PV 550 with slc5/05.

stieven

Hello to everyone,I'm just new here.

I have a question about a PV550 with 2 dh485 connections.
How can a connect this panelview to a slc 5/05.
I know that i need a cable but witch one?

I have only experience with rs232 communication.

I tried to find the answer on the internet and AB( the gave me the wrong cable) with no luck.

thanks for the help.

Please provide the forum with the complete catalog number of your PanelView. For the most accurate help.

Thanks a lot!
I saw in the chanel configuration that i can select for the rs 232 dh485. Is it possible than i connect the pv direct to the slc?

I don't know. I have never seen an AB cable pin-out for that and not sure what the pin-out would be if you tried to make one or if it would even work if you did. Others may know.
Your best bet is to buy the proper hardware and be done with it.

I saw in the chanel configuration that i can select for the rs 232 dh485. Is it possible than i connect the pv direct to the slc?
I don't know. I have never seen an AB cable pin-out for that and not sure what the pin-out would be if you tried to make one or if it would even work if you did. Others may know.
Your best bet is to buy the proper hardware and be done with it.

In addition to the above the electrical specification for RS232 and DH485 are not going to play together. That's the reason for the 1761-NET-AIC.

So unless there's some magic trick I don't know about , you are going to need the extra hardware.

Thanks mickey for the reply's.

I think i gonna go for your solution, the extra module is not so expensive.

i found also on the net a 1746 BAS module, i don't know if a direct connection with a pv is possible.

Is there a pin-out schematic from a pv 550 DH485 connection
(on the pv itselves)

thanks

Hey,
I remember that if you want to communicate with SLC , you need to download PV firmware(Firmware utility) , So that you have option to coomunicate on DH485 and RS 232.
Correct me if am wrong.

Hey,
I remember that if you want to communicate with SLC , you need to download PV firmware(Firmware utility) , So that you have option to coomunicate on DH485 and RS 232.
Correct me if am wrong.

Nope, The OP's SLC5/05 serial port will support DF1, DH485 or ASCII. It is software configurable. In the OP's case it needs to configured for DH485 to communicate with the DH485 PanelView.

Last edited:
A question again.

Are there different 1761 aic net modules for different processors? Or are 1761 aic net modules all the same?

thanks

it`s been a while ago,

I`ve bought a 1761-net-aic,i`ve made a cable for dh485
i`ve changed ch 0 of the prosessor to dh485.
rs 232 is ok i think.

The problem is there is no communication between panelview and slc or pc.

Did i forgot something?

when i connect the rs232 to the pc and with rs linx configure the driver for the panelview(for up and download use) the 1761 led are blinking so i think there is a good connection with the pc so my rs 232 cable is ok?

my dh485 connection is with a cat 5 cable maybe is that the mistake?

thaks for the help