Pv 550

I am not seeing any screen control objects pointed at page 40. There is no screen control tag (so the PLC isn't doing it).

So maybe I overlooked it, but those pages appear to have been abandoned or intentionally isolated from end user access.

"Write to Controller on Startup" "Use Last Terminal States" is selected, so the initial values in the HMI program should not come into play.

If you have a means of connecting to the PLC with RSLogix 500 or even just RSLinx we should be able to find out the values that are in the PLC which should remain in the PLC even if the HMI croaks and is replaced.

I would recommend replacing that HMI with a Red Lion Graphite or CR series which can accomodate the DH485 protocol quite nicely. It should not take more than a day or two to build a conversion in Crimson from that PB32 file.

Thank you very much!

Try this

press F5 on the main screen
From the screen selector choose RIGIBOT
From the RIGIBOT screen Press F5
this should bring up a screen selector that will have the screens you want

Please let me know if this works

Thank you for posting that *.PVA file as a ZIP archive. I was able to open it in PanelBuilder32 version 3.83.01.

The terminal hardware is very old; the project says it's a 2711-B5A2 PanelView 550 Key/Touch, FRN 2.00-2.xx.

That's why the CF cards won't work: the terminals didn't support "ATA Flash", which includes all CF and virtually all modern Type II PCMCIA flash memory cards, until v3 firmware. V1 and V2 supported only "Linear Flash" which hasn't been available in laptops or anything except external flash drives devices since the mid-1990s. It's the BetaMax of the flash card industry.

Because this is a 2711-B5A2, it has only a Data Highway 485 port. You will need a modern 1747-UIC (USB to DH485) interface to upload/download to it.

What you posted as screenshot 998 is a screen labeled "STA 1-2 LOCATIONS" with screen number 30.

What you posted as screenshot 999 is a screen labeled "STA#2 PROCESS TIMES" with screen number 40.

In some PanelView applications, the displayed screen is actually controlled by the PLC instead of navigation buttons, but that's not the case here. If you look in PanelBuilder32 for the Control Tags section, there's no tag or address for a Screen Number tag.

There is a Screen #60 named RIGIBOT which seems like it's a Settings sort of screen; there are resets and password entries there.

And there's also a Screen Selector object tied to [F5]. That allows you to navigate to screens 30, 31, 32, 40, 41, 42, 43, 50, 51, and the screens you want to get to are #30 and #40.

From what I see, you need to get to the RIGIBOT (#60) screen first. You can do that from the Main screen, pressing [F5] for the Screen List Selector there. It allows you access to Screens 8,9,10,11, and 60.

So the process should be:

Go to the Main Screen (which should show on power-up)
Press [F5] to bring up the Screen Menu
Press [Down Arrow] four times to select the RIGIBOT screen
Press [ENTER] to navigate to the RIGIBOT screen
Press [F5] to bring up the Screen Selector
To navigate to the "#1-#2 LOC" screen, Press [ENTER]
To navigate to the "#2 TIMES" screen, press [Down Arrow] three times, then [ENTER]

Edit: Jim is both faster and more concise.

Looks like the one labeled station #2 wash comes from the 'Rigibot screen' where the f5-screen Selector is. 4th on the list from the top. can you get to the "rigitbot position" screen?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Thank you for posting that *.PVA file as a ZIP archive. I was able to open it in PanelBuilder32 version 3.83.01.

The terminal hardware is very old; the project says it's a 2711-B5A2 PanelView 550 Key/Touch, FRN 2.00-2.xx.

That's why the CF cards won't work: the terminals didn't support "ATA Flash", which includes all CF and virtually all modern Type II PCMCIA flash memory cards, until v3 firmware. V1 and V2 supported only "Linear Flash" which hasn't been available in laptops or anything except external flash drives devices since the mid-1990s. It's the BetaMax of the flash card industry.

Because this is a 2711-B5A2, it has only a Data Highway 485 port. You will need a modern 1747-UIC (USB to DH485) interface to upload/download to it.

What you posted as screenshot 998 is a screen labeled "STA 1-2 LOCATIONS" with screen number 30.

What you posted as screenshot 999 is a screen labeled "STA#2 PROCESS TIMES" with screen number 40.

In some PanelView applications, the displayed screen is actually controlled by the PLC instead of navigation buttons, but that's not the case here. If you look in PanelBuilder32 for the Control Tags section, there's no tag or address for a Screen Number tag.

There is a Screen #60 named RIGIBOT which seems like it's a Settings sort of screen; there are resets and password entries there.

And there's also a Screen Selector object tied to [F5]. That allows you to navigate to screens 30, 31, 32, 40, 41, 42, 43, 50, 51, and the screens you want to get to are #30 and #40.

From what I see, you need to get to the RIGIBOT (#60) screen first. You can do that from the Main screen, pressing [F5] for the Screen List Selector there. It allows you access to Screens 8,9,10,11, and 60.

So the process should be:

Go to the Main Screen (which should show on power-up)
Press [F5] to bring up the Screen Menu
Press [Down Arrow] four times to select the RIGIBOT screen
Press [ENTER] to navigate to the RIGIBOT screen
Press [F5] to bring up the Screen Selector
To navigate to the "#1-#2 LOC" screen, Press [ENTER]
To navigate to the "#2 TIMES" screen, press [Down Arrow] three times, then [ENTER]

Edit: Jim is both faster and more concise.

Try this

Thank you both very much! I will try this tomorrow!

Try this

any update ????????

I tried the instructions you listed but after selecting the RIGIBOT, pressing F5 didn't bring me anywhere. We did see that as the PLC is moving through the program the distances, dwell, and oscillation times are displayed. I set a camera up to record this and we're trying to parse out the info. If there are any more suggestions I'm all ears. Also, thank you all very much for taking the time to help.

I tried the instructions you listed but after selecting the RIGIBOT, pressing F5 didn't bring me anywhere. We did see that as the PLC is moving through the program the distances, dwell, and oscillation times are displayed. I set a camera up to record this and we're trying to parse out the info. If there are any more suggestions I'm all ears. Also, thank you all very much for taking the time to help.

well, you should be able to hit f5 to select that menu of multiple screens, then press the arrow keys to scroll down through the selector until you get to the one you want. then press the return/enter key on the keypad to go to it. is it not highlighting the screen selector and letting you scroll through the options like I screenshotted earlier?

just pressing F5 anywhere won't do much like Ken and others stated, you need to be there in the rigibot screen, and on the left middle when you hit F5, it will highlight the options from where you choose your screen. it shouldn't pop you into a new window or anything.

Last edited:
You could query the PLC for the data. Since you don't have RSLogix 500, you could use the Crimson 3.0 emulator (free) and build a new HMI application, importing all the tags, even build up new HMI pages and test them all. Then when the HMI dies, you will have a modern application ready to go and only need to buy and install the hardware.

well, you should be able to hit f5 to select that menu of multiple screens, then press the arrow keys to scroll down through the selector until you get to the one you want. then press the return/enter key on the keypad to go to it. is it not highlighting the screen selector and letting you scroll through the options like I screenshotted earlier?

just pressing F5 anywhere won't do much like Ken and others stated, you need to be there in the rigibot screen, and on the left middle when you hit F5, it will highlight the options from where you choose your screen. it shouldn't pop you into a new window or anything.

That was it, the return key. F5, select Rigibot and press the return key got me to all of the menus I needed. Thanks again to everyone that offered help!! :geek:🍻