PV+ RAM Error

scottmurphy

I am getting the following error message when attempting to run
my current application.

There is probably insufficent space for opening the runtime project
"\storage card\Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime\project name.mer"

At least 41320 kB of RAM is recommended, while only 40904kB of RAM
is available.

Would you like to try and open the file anyway?

I hit yes and the application opens and runs fine, but I would like to know how to resolve this, if at all. Currently, the runtime app is 3.2mb, how can I determine the what the limit should be, or in this case, correct the issue?

Do images from the graphics library add to memory consumption?

Yes - delete any unused images. My guess would be that after you've done that your problem will go away. Bitmaps consume huge amounts of memory.

I thought as much, I have deleted any bitmaps that are not being used, but there are also images from the graphics library, motors 7 pipes mainly, are these quite taxing also?

Shouldn't be too bad but I would get into the habit of deleting anything that isn't used in the project. It takes a few minutes but it will save you in the long run.

Do you have multiple applications stored on the Panelview plus? I know that when we make changes we generally change the filename and end up having to delete to old one explicity to ensure we don't run out of ram.

Do you have multiple applications stored on the Panelview plus? I know that when we make changes we generally change the filename and end up having to delete to old one explicity to ensure we don't run out of ram.

Have already encountered this, and do exactly what you have done. Currently, I am downloading to the CF card, selecting 'run on startup', seems like the problem has gone away??

Did a check today on the RAM usage, got the following readings:
RunTime = 19200 kb
Usage = 27912 kb
Avail = 4388 kb

Am I nearing my capacity, can I get extra RAM to increase?

Another question, how can I assign a maximum value to a numeric input function?? I have a popup configured, but cannot change the min/max input values at runtime? I have the popup configured for my max range, in this case 0-25000, but I'm thinking that if the tag limit is 150, and 200 is set, only 150 will be written to the PLC?
icon6.gif

If this is the case, then no drama, just a visual thing really.