PV600 2711-B6C2 problem

Bob Reed

I have an old PV600 2711-B6C2 Frn 4.00 Series B Rev.F. I have been trying to install the replacement pV600 that is available to me. It is also an 2711-B6C2 FRN 4.48 Series C. I am able to extract the program from the old unit with my pc and also my compact flash card but am unable to install the program into the new unit. I keep receiving a Error 4093 "Application file has incompatible terminal hardware configuration string". I have tried all I can think of and am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know this is not a firmware revision problem being it is a minor revision and I have saved it as the appropriate revision when I extracted it.

Last edited:
I think you are saying that you've successfully extracted the PVA application file from the old terminal, restored it to a PBA file, opened it and saved it again at the correct version for the replacement terminal, which is the same version as the original terminal.

Error 4093, while trying to load a PVA application file to a terminal, usually means that an incorrect Catalog Number is selected in PanelBuilder32 for the target terminal. This is why there is a reference to a "hardware configuration string" in the error message. This should not have changed, but just make sure it is still correct, if you have not already checked. Strange things can sometimes occur when restoring terminal applications.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Apologies, I have just realised that you are new to the Forum...

Welcome!

I was hoping for a "Thanks! That solved my problem!" type answer as I "think" the alternative cause may not be good news.

It is also possible that the factory set hardware string in the terminal itself is incorrect for its part number. This requires sending it to be "repaired" or else replace it. I think though that this is only the case if you are getting Error 4093 at Boot-up?

Do you know anything of this terminal's history? Was it ever in service to your knowledge?

I would also consider recreating the application anew while using the old to export/import and then retry a transfer.

G.

Last edited:
Can you get to the PV's configuration screen? Check the terminal info to see if it matches the sticker on the PV.

Can you post the program you are trying to download? Zip it first.

Yes, good point Mickey.

Check what the terminal "thinks" it is. This should match the sticker for the hardware portion, but also...

If you are getting the FRN 4.48 off the sticker on the replacement terminal then, if you have not already, you should also double check this on the "Terminal Info" screen.

The terminal's firmware revision does not have to match the application's revision. As long as the terminal's revision is higher than the application's it should accept it.

Until you confirm otherwise, there is also a chance here that someone had flashed the terminal to an earlier firmware revision, such as 3.xx, and the sticker is misleading you.

However, I'm not sure from memory, but it might be the case that you would get a different error message for incompatible firmware than for incompatible hardware?

Back on the Catalog Number selection...

Bob Reedk said:
...I double checked and the catalog number is correct.

Ok, but did you leave it as it was in the application after you converted it to a PBA, or did you select a "different" PV600 Catalog Number?

The reason I ask is that your original terminal is Series B Revision F, whereas your replacement terminal is Series C Revision...? I don't have access to PanelBuilder32 software just now, but I'm pretty sure there are separate hardware options in the Catalog Number list for the different terminal Series/Revision.

If I'm correct on this, can you confirm you have specifically selected a Series C, etc., terminal? If there is no Series C option then can you state which version of PanelBuilder32 you are using? A slightly older version might not have the newer hardware options.

If I am incorrect on this and you, or somebody else here, is in a position to correct me before I can check for myself, then please do so.

Regards,
George