PV900 upload and download

From your PC you can use a 1747-PIC Rs232 to RS485 converter ( if you have one).
You will need a real serial port to use this. You would configure the 1747-PIC/AIC driver in RSLinx.
Or use the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)
Or use the passthru DF1 to DH485 using your SLC5/03 serial port.
See AB Knowledgebase I.D 27955 ( see word doc at bottom of I.D.)
Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase

You will have to register ( its free)

Last edited:
Thanks fo information; the passthru DF1 to DH485 using SLC5/03 serial port is what i want , i do a configuration descipted in doc. but no result , no detection of PV900 in RSLinx . please send me a other methode for doing a configuration.

Did you use the method I posted in post #4?
Make sure the PV has a different node address then the SLC (DH485 port).
Baud rates for the SLC DH485 port and PV must be the same.
What cables are you using to connect the SLC and PV? ( see PDF)

Last edited:
When i try connect to network or RSLinx i have this screen :
networkRSLinx.jpg

I always use a 256 meg CF card with a PCMCIA adaptor plugged directly into the panelview. Uploading and downloading this way makes it a no brainer.

I have a electronic card convert RS232 to RS485 , but i have not a pinout of RJ45 in PV900, is there posibiliti for communication with this standart card ?

The only thing I see is see below pic. Change the "Token Hold Factor" to 1 ( one). Which is the default.
Also the file you sent shows the processor in the program mode?

TokenHoldFactor.jpg

Last edited: