RA Downloads

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can you still get Software from AB on a disk? trying to download latest is taking forever and Im not sure Im getting what I want. Ive been licenced with tech connect for 20 years and havent updated my 5000 since v20.1
I tried a download today of current versions and couldn't get them into my VM
then tried to put on host machine and after download there wasnt much there and no install.
My VM is old and I am worried I will not be able to move my activation.
Any tips, (frustrated)
I have a new plant with all ne RS 5000 conveyor system and I cant look at it because its V32 & V33

Can you still get Software from AB on a disk? trying to download latest is taking forever and Im not sure Im getting what I want. Ive been licenced with tech connect for 20 years and havent updated my 5000 since v20.1
then tried to put on host machine and after download there wasnt much there and no install.
Any tips, (frustrated)
I have a new plant with all ne RS 5000 conveyor system and I cant look at it because its V32 & V33

Not sure if they will still hand out CDs, or even the portable drives like I've seen before... I have a feeling sorting out your VM issue will solve all the other issues as well. Is there any reason you can't use a different computer, download everything you need and then transfer over? just skip using your host machine if you can't get a good internet connection on it.

when you say you couldn't get them into your VM, what kind of issues were you getting?

Any tips, (frustrated)

I have not had any issues with PCDC.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/home.aspx

Then Download by Serial...

How is your internet connection? At my office, we are 100MB Up and Down, and the longest I have waited is ~ 60 minutes to DL some large files.

Are you using the Download Manager, or selecting Direct Download?

I downloaded v28-v34 on a stick and will create a new VM (Windows 7-64) to
load the software. I have read some posts on different ways to handle the activation.
I currently have my activation on a VM (Windows XP) with RS5000 up to v20.1
& Factory Talk ME v9
I can upgrade all since I have kept concurrent license's with Tech Connect.
What would be the best way to share the Activation between the 2 VM's

I keep my activations on the host, and then point the activation manager on my VMs to the host to grab licenses as needed. I am running a Win XP VM for RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, and RSLogix5000 for everything up to V20, and a Win 10 VM for all of the Studio 5000 versions plus FactoryTalk View Studio ME and SE.

The only issue I run into is running an instance of 5000 on both VMs at the same time. I have one program that requires the multi-language license on the XP VM, and multiple programs that require the GuardLogix license on the Win10 VM. Since I only have one license, I have to pick which project is more important and make sure that one gets opened first so it can grab the license. The other project can run in the 7 day trial mode in the mean time.

Call AB, they will figure it out for you.
Rockwell New Activation is so bad. If you have a older version(less than V20) of Logix 5k on a VM, Do not install new version on the same VM. Studio5000 will mess up your Logix5000.
Download is slow, you can just leave download overnight.