RE: Simatic PLC counter more than 999

santhosh12

RE: Simatic PLC counter more than 999

HI everyone,

I am new to use PLC. At present I am learning Simatic Step7. I have a problem that I need to generate or count more than 999 values using normal counter(up or down or updown). I have already read some blogs in this forum but I unable understand them. Could some one please help me in this case. If possible please help me with ladder diagram.

Advanced thank you,

To count higher than any one counter can go, use two counters, with the first one triggering the second one when it reaches Maximum Count, and also resetting itself to 0.

In other words, set up your counters to count just like you do in decimal arithmetic - when you reach "10", you carry 1 and start over at 0. The second counter keeps up with how many First Counter rollovers you have made.

Then your Total Count = (999 x Counter 2) + Counter 1.

You could "ADD". Instead of counting up, add a value of 1 to a Dword in a datablock. Then "MOVE" a value of zero in to reset it.
I think this will make it easier to display on an HMI.