Read from clock?

DellSuperman

Hi all,

I have a program that i need to have a data pluck out from a counter at an hourly interval & to be displayed at another area.
In total, there will be 24 text boxs to be filled.

Other than using a timer, are there any other alternative for the hourly timer? My worries on using the timer is that when the PLC is turned off, the timings will go wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Some PLCs have internal real-time clocks. Others have modules. If your PLC doesn't have a real time clock or a module you can add to add the feature, you can use an HMI with a built in real time clock to send real time clock data to the PLC.

Some PLCs have internal real-time clocks. Others have modules. If your PLC doesn't have a real time clock or a module you can add to add the feature, you can use an HMI with a built in real time clock to send real time clock data to the PLC.

Thanks Tharon, I will look into that...