Read this if you plan to use WinCC Flex and OPC !

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This is a warning. I am currently investigating if there is a problem or not, but it may take until monday for me to get it confirmed or denied.

It may seem that Siemens has removed the previously bundled Simatic Softnet IE Lean from the WinCC Flexible RT licenses !

Today I received feedback from collegues that is doing a commisioning during this weekend. They tell me that there is no installation CD for Simatic Net in the 2007 RT package as there used to be in the 2005 RT package. And there is no license for Softnet IE lean in the 2007 RT package as there used to be in the 2005 RT package.
As a consequence, the RT project they have onsite cannot be started up because it has been configured as part of a PC Station (which means Simatic Net is required).

I feel somewhat responsible for the people that may have followed my statements on this forum about Simatic Net being included with each RT License. Bear in mind that Simatic Net is the part that provides the OPC server you may possibly be depending on.

Stay tuned. I shall report back.