Reading temperature

ebooker

E
Hello:
I am using a GE Fanuc series 9030, I am trying to get it to accurately read temperature. The analog card is set up, and I do get a reading, after I use the rad_2_deg block, the readings are in the 30000, if I divide this by close to 10000 the value is close to room temp in C, It kind of follows the other temperature tester in the 0 to 100 C range being about 4 to 6 deg off, but onc over 100 the gap widens, then I start to get bogus readings around 200. This is the first program that I have written, so I know I have much to learn, I am just not sure what I am doing wrong

If my memory serves me correctly, you can set up automatic scaling for the input in the hardware setup area.

What is the part number of the module you're using to sense temperature? The thermocouple and RTD modules report the temperature in degrees C or degrees F or degrees times 10 (data value of 500 equals 50.0 degrees). If you're using a thermocouple module, is it configured for the type of thermocouple you're using?

Why are you using the RAD_2_DEG conversion function? That's for converting angular measurements from radians to degrees.

I was always very satisfied with the 90-30 RTD input modules. My applications were usually PID control of very large open-flame gas burners operating in the 150F to 225F range in the Northern USA farm belt ambient range of temperatures (-20F to 100F). Ge's PID block is
nice also. If you require more than 4 analog inputs, you may find the GE multi-point 4-20ma modules, coupled with a quality RTD transmitter is the way to go.