Recommend me a HMI and programming Package

Hi;
which one i download freware crimson3.0 2.0 or 1.0. also define me what is the operator pannel is this special hardwar
to install and run HMi on this? i do not know what is this is it capable to communicate with GE funac plc via snp?
regards

I use the soft keys for page changing. I don't waste screen space on labels and you will not find any stuck on labels on my panel. I us the menu key at the button to display the apopup list with labels.

Jcp,
The software on your laptop programs the hardware based HMI's. While there is an emulate mode in the software, you need a hardware HMI to actually run all the features of your program.
If you are just trying the software, download crimson 2 or 3.
But it sounds like you should explore the Red Lion catalog and web site before you do anything else.

Biggest bang for the buck is Maple Systems. Software is $75.00
Free upgrades.

Maple Systems is Number one alternative...Talks to many devices and PLCs. Ethernet , ModBus, DF1, ect. Talks to multiple PLCs. Runs OnLine simulation forever , no 2 hour runtime. Memory is generous. Popups, ect.
:geek:KEP also has the same EasyManager as maple systems except its FREE.

hi
I download the Beijer Electronic's iX Developer and make a one screen but the data not shown in text boxces. I use plc 90-30 series and snp protocol. when i develop tags it not accepect %R or %M so i declare the variable crossponding to that register and write a name of that variable in Tag but still not successful. Is there any friend who use iX developer with ge funac 90-30 series via SNP. Please guide me or send me a demo of GE 90-30 with ix Developer.
Thanks

Hi,

You need to define your tags in the Tags configuration (have a look in the Project Explorer to the left in iX). Tags can be imported/exported to txt or Excel files, this is quite convenient when working with bigger applications. But you can of course also define the tags manually.

In this grid you can define the name (alias) and the address of the actual PLC-variable that you want to Read/Write. The grid also contains settings for data type, scaling etc.

The tags configuration screen is divided in several tabs, in the tab called controllers you can add additional drivers as well as configuring them (e.g which COM-port that should be used etc.).

Let me know if you need more help!

//Supporter

If you plan to pull information from the plant floor Citect/SCADA is hard to beat. With Citect and Plant to business you can find out just what is going on with your total process in real time.

Yes i know that the Tag is define via Project explorer. Do u guide me how i read the %R values through ix developer i said i use PLC 90-30 ge funac CPU 351.
Give me one example to read the data from GE funac PLC 90-30 via SNP.
Controller setting or serial port setting is good. But the problem is the data can not be read.
Regards