Red Lion - Beckhoff tags

steven23

Hello,
Does anyone have experience setting up Crimson 3 to a Beckhoff CX series PLC?
I am trying to set up communications between a Beckhoff CX5010 PLC and a PTV000.
I’ve followed the ‘Beckhoff ADS TCP Controller Information Sheet for Crimson’ to setup the communications. I am using Ethernet. I have setup the driver to be Beckhoff ADS/AMS TCP.
I’ve changed the driver settings to use the AMS NetID and IP addresses of the target PLC.
My question has to do with setting up the data tags. When I setup a flag-tag, I change my source to PLC1 (Beckhoff ADS/AMS TCP protocol) and the ‘Select Address for Beckhoff ADS/AMS TCP’ dialog box appears. I’ve tried typing the address from the TC System Manager I/O-Configuration tab (in this case it’s 3169.2) with the Data Type ‘Bit as Bit’ selected, but it truncates the .2, so then I tried 1796 with the Data Type ‘Byte as Byte’ selected and treated the Data Source as ‘Bit Array Little-Endian’ with no luck, I have also used the PLC address Q0.1 with no luck, the value returns a N/A. What address/element should I type into the element box?
I have a Siemens protocol running on the same unit and all tag values retured are valid.

Thanks for reading!