Red Lion CompactFlash code?

The 10 specifies that the number should be converted as base 10.

As an aside, I'm not sure how Ken's code could be used for recipe storage except in very simple applications. The idea behind a recipe is that you have 'x' number of recipes, each with 'y' individual parameters. This necessitates a 2D matrix of size 'x' by 'y', with x*y total elements. If you simply store one data element per line, I don't see how you can maintain the recipe structure. Unless, perhaps, you store three elements per line: the recipe number, the parameter number/name, and the data value for that parameter. Then your program code would read each line and store the data value in the proper array location based on the other two elements. Parsing delimiters would still be required so I don't see much advantage.

the recipes are just stored in a linear fashion on the CF card.

they are read into tag arrays which lets the user scroll screen by screen to select one to edit or use. (bonus feature is the recipes can be easily copied to another CF card)

our recipes (oven control) consist of
(description)
(segment 1: ramp time, soak time, temperature, pressure)
(segment 2: ramp time, soak time, temperature, pressure)
(segment 3: ramp time, soak time, temperature, pressure)
(segment 4: ramp time, soak time, temperature, pressure)
(segment 5: ramp time, soak time, temperature, pressure)

users can select from 100 recipes.

I appreciate everyones help. I had someone spend the day with me on Friday going over my code line by line and answering my specific questions. I eventually figured out how to accomplish what I have been asking everyone how to do a retrieve. Thanks to each and everyone who took out time to post a reply to me.

Now on to the next step, searching for a specific recipe and automatically sorting recipes in alphabetical order.