Red Lion G09 Data Logging Issues

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Happy Holidays Everyone,
I have a Red Lion G09 HMI that I am logging data to the SD card. I should say that it use to log data on the SD card. When I first set it up it over a year ago it was logging just fine. Now it doesn't show anything on the SD card at all.

I had the site supervisor replace the SD card because I thought that maybe the one I put in there was bad. No luck. When I try and format the flash in the Crimson 3 it says that no card is inserted. Same with the old card.

I have updated the firmware several times since it was installed and is now running the latest version. Other than that and adding some screens nothing has really changed.

I had a simular issue with the older G306 model. The CF card was not compatible with the HMI. I ended up ordering CF cards from Red Lion and the problem when away. Could the Graphite series have the same issue?

Anyway any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Talked to Red Lion Support. It appears that the Graphite series only support FAT 16 file structure. I am not sure what the file structure of the new card is but I am guessing it is not compatible. I have ordered a new SD card from Red Lion so hopefully that will solve the issue.

Does Not solve why it use to work but now doesn't. I am guessing a firmware update may have changed how the file system works but they RL claims that it has always been that way.