Red lion G3 to Red Lion G3 comms over ethernet

joecicpgh

Guys & Gails,

I'm looking to have 2 screens talk to each other. I'm confused on how to map the blocks.I am sure its simple. Do i map blocks in both screens? on as "Device to Penguin" and the other as "Penguin to device"? Although i do have reads & writes i would like to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated,Joe

Both screens are on same network. I would like to use one screen to monitor several other screens and their connected devices. Do i build "blocks" in both screens? or do i just send data to overview screen? If i just "send data" how to i assign data tags to the data i sent to the overview screen?

It sounds so convoluted as i type this,Joe

You can just create pages on your main HMI that are the same as the other HMI's. For example: On one project I have a total of 3 HMI's. 2 are local and only talk to their local PLC. One is a main HMI and is set up to talk to all 3 PLC's. The main HMI has pages that are copies of the other 2 local HMI's. So if I want to see what is going on at the other 2 locations I just select the page that has that info on it. I dont need to have one HMI talk to the other HMI as my main HMI talks to the PLC's that they work with.

Make sense?

Both screens are on same network. I would like to use one screen to monitor several other screens and their connected devices. Do i build "blocks" in both screens? or do i just send data to overview screen? If i just "send data" how to i assign data tags to the data i sent to the overview screen?

It sounds so convoluted as i type this,Joe

I would make each of the screens talk to the PLC(s) if possible, but if you are doing RS-232 that won't be possible.

As long as speed isn't critical, you can enable OPC Proxy on the Main HMI and then add an OPC TCP/IP Master Protocol on the other HMIs. In the Device Address Space, you will import the cd3 file from the main HMI and give you a selection list to pull from when you set up your tags (selecting the HMI1 as the source). This is the easiest way, no gateway blocks needed.