Red Lion G3

Don't laugh at me.

Here is a quick and easy WIDGET example.

A basic stoplight breakdown.

A small Program1 runs On Tick under the Display Pages, Pages selection (No I didn't miss-type Pages twice) Just to make the lights change color.

The Zip has the .cd3

I enjoy doing GoToMeetings to teach Widgets when I have some time. I am going to New Orleans this week for the WorkBoat Show but might be able to do a 1 hour session on Friday. Send me a PM if interested: [email protected]

Joe_WaZoo

Jeff,

Yes I did. That is a nice write up. I think you might be missing the name of the Binding Folder prefix. Looks good.

Joe_WaZoo

I am a rookie what can i say. I leave that blank so I can drag and drop what ever folder I want and as long as it has the correct tags it doesn't matter

Thanks Guys for posting, especially Jeff.

Just to let you know my progress, I have been away on holidays for the last few days, so I hope to get back to this project this week.

I will have to take some time to digest what Jeff has posted.

Cheers
Ian

Hi All,

Just if anyone is following this thread, here is the solution that I have come up with...

To recap on what I was trying to do, I had 30 products that ran down a production line, with about 50 odd variables for each product. I was trying to avoid creating 30 pages (ie one page for each product, with 50 different variable tags on each page).

I found the function SET(Tag, Value).

So from the source page, if I wanted to edit Product 1, I had the following "complex" code tied to a button

Set(Product_Edit.Product_No_Select_For_Edit, 1);GotoPage(Product_Edit);

The code for Product 2 button was then

Set(Product_Edit.Product_No_Select_For_Edit, 2);GotoPage(Product_Edit);

Then I had code in the PLC which checked for a change in the Value of the tag "Product_No_Select_For_Edit".

If a value was other than 1, then load the tags for the Product (eg Product[n]) into the Editing Array.

I then used another button to save the changes from the Editing Array back to the Product[n] array..

Capture.jpg

I will get around to documenting this a bit later on...

Capture1.jpg

Each product is part of an array of called Product.
The array uses a UDT, which then has the 50 or so variables underneath it.

So far this seems to work ok.

Let me know if I have not explained this well enough.

Thanks guys for your comments