Red Lion HMI and Control Techniques Drive... and lost !

Jeremy, no problem... Once again this forum dug me out of trouble. I do have a related question though - now that I am actually using the g304k with some success, I am definitely liking it. I am eyeballing a fly knife cutter we have "resting".
It has a control techniques EN/FM2 indexer servo & motor, should be fine (kind of a repeat of the original challenge).

My question relates to the cutter itself. Basically all it does is count from a red lion RPG to a preset (currently Gemeni counter), then triggers the servo drive to index.
What would you recommend using with the G304k and Emerson servo combo to take in the length data and perform the counting operation ?
I would hate to add a PLC just to count length and talk... Is there an el-cheapo batch counter unit with comms. ??

I would probably suggest the C48CD counter.

Thanks
Jeremy

Yes, got the manual (from another post in this forum) - I'm digging this forum !!!
The EN / FM-2 is existing and working, and I have spares.

Micrologix connection to G304K200

OK, I'm going to use a Micrologix 1000 for my counter and program (mainly because I have several). I saw that the Red Lion has connection diagrams for the PLC 5 and the Micrologix 1500, but I saw nothing for the earlier Micrologix units...
Has anyone ever done this ?? Someone have connection details ??

Thanks !!
John

If you are referring to the Micrologix Mini Din port we don't have a direct cable to that port. Our solution requires you to connect your CBLPM02 cable to the micrologix port and then use our CBLGEN01 cable to go between our port and the CBLPM02.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy,
Thanks for the quick response. I actually have both on hand, however the CBLPM02 is micrologix port to 9-pin female and the CBLGEN01 is G3 to RJ12...

I still don't have this solved. I just can't seem to figure out how to make the comms connection between the G3 and the micrologix 1000 mini din (programming) port.

I use a DB9F to screw terminal adapter (we get them from Prosoft Technology but you can get them off-the-shelf) and an aftermarket equivalent [Link] to the 1761-CBL-PM02 that we cut the 9-pin end off.

To connect our G304K2 to the MicroLogix, the pinout is:

DB9 Pin 9 -> DIN8 Pin 7
DB9 Pin 6 -> DIN8 Pin 4
DB9 Pin 5 -> DIN8 Pin 2

I happen to have this diagram on my desk because Ind-Concepts switched color codes inside their cable and my assemblers used color codes rather than ringing out the pins. Time to make some markup notes.