Red Lion HMI and Toshiba PLC Help

Okay, well as you suggested I've sent them this thread, so hopefully some of the things you've suggested can help them help me.

I'm quite confident I'm the first person using these two things together, that's the most frustrating part. There has got to be a way to make them work together though, I am at a loss as to why it is so difficult.

It's normally easy. I thought out of the gate it would be a simple word order thing or single versus double integer confusion, but at this point I think we've ruled out those possibilities. If they can find it and fix it, it will be easy, and the Red Lion guys are usually really good. Whether or not they have the resources to replicate your problem quickly is another matter.

I think you might be on to something about the driver issue though. Because it shouldn't matter if I change digits or manipulation or anything like that, because the values the HMI displayed were the same regardless of the PLC's value. I just don't see why changing those settings would have any effect. It's got to be something to do with the driver.

I've found out how to see the data/usage maps, so maybe that will help move things forward.

I was hoping you would be able to explain what some of the symbols mean in the windows.

Perhaps somebody could at least help with the symbols in the attached image.

In the top left window, what is the meaning of each symbol? (I, O, +, .)
In the bottom left window, what is the meaning of each symbol? (I, O, +, M, *)
In the top right window, what is the meaning of the periods?
In the bottom right window, what is the meaning of each symbol? (+, O, *, .)

Maps.jpg