Red Lion Switch Statement

Nebul0us

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone,

I am sending an email from a red lion. If I just use 1 of the case statements without the full switch statement, the email works fine. But when I use the full switch statement I am not getting an email. Can anyone provide some insight on what might be wrong with my switch statement?

JMJJyj4.png

I think you need a break statement after each case in order to keep it from falling through to the next case. See the example in the Crimson Help Software Guide.

But if your CavityNumber tag is an integer and is equal to one of the cases, it should have triggered the email.

You should have a 'break' instruction at the end of each case, it stops the Switch after the first right one is found, otherwise all cases after the found one will be executed.

You should add a 'default' case to catch any value of CavityNumber that doesn't match your list. It can help in fault finding if the Switch Case isn't working as expected. Also you can debug what is going on by adding bool flags to see where the program gets to.

A web search of 'programming in C' followed by your question tends to get good results, like this 'programming in C switch case':
https://beginnersbook.com/2014/01/switch-case-statements-in-c/