Redlion G3 - How to remove Trend viewer Buttons?

shiftedbits

I do not want to have any of the navigable buttons made available to the end user during run time.

Is this possible?

Where can I find more information on the Scatter Graph? It's not Mentioned in Crmson 3.0 manual at all.

Thanks

I can't help you with the trend buttons. Why do you want them taken off?

I am using the scatter graph to plot a trend that is recorded in an array in a Compactlogix.

Scatter Graph 1.jpg

I am making the y-axis to be Log(value of point) with a super imposed log scale on the trend viewer for the y-scale. When someone scrolls thru it using the navigation buttons on the display, he/she is going to see the log converted point value instead of the actual value of it. Which is what I want to avoid. I have two data logs running where one is strictly for display (log(value of point)), and the other is the actual value of the point. I suppose I could disable the cursor and not display the point value on the trend viewer itself. That way when someone scrolls it, they can reference the trend to the vertical scale and not be confused with the dsplayed value on the trend itself. Just wondering if reverse conversion is possible when a value is read from the saved data log from CF card before it is displyed back on the trend.

You could put a rectangle over the buttons that is the same color as the background so that they aren't visible. However there is no way to disable them.

Thanks
Jeremy

You could put a rectangle over the buttons that is the same color as the background so that they aren't visible. However there is no way to disable them.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks for the helpfull hint Jeremy.

What if I edit the button navigation commands "< << > >> ' etc., and leave them out? Will those default back to their original values upon downloading to the panel? I have no way to test this at the moment and I cannot get the emulator to work.

On G3 trend display's (i.e. Quick plot, Scatter Graph, & trend view), is there a reason why Redlion has left out or decided not to implement a vertical scale display for any one of these?

One other thing that I am just curios about is why Redlion call their Panel program a "Database" and not a "program"?

Thanks

Last edited: