redlion PTV IsDeviceOnline command issues

kinser06

Im currently building a file for a redlion Productvity unit "PTV". Pretty sweet device!

I'm trying to setup a page to display comms failure and have it partially working. I have 6 tcp/ip connections to M340 processors utilizing the Schneider Master comm driver.

I have a tag created for each connection (COMM_STATUS_1) for example with a source of general with the command IsDeviceOnline(PLC1). I then have 2 graphic indicators overlapping (red and green). I have the visibility properties for the green indicator set as COMM_STATUS_1 == 1. value of 1 being the integer value returned if the connection is good. I also placed the tag on the display to show the int value to rule out my visibility properties.

So if i power up with the comm link down the red indicator is displaying red which is correct. If i plug in the cat 5 to my M340 the indicator goes green (1). Works perfect, if i then unplug the link the indicator stays green.....for ever. Until i navigate from that page and back to it, after that the indicator displays red (0). Its like when i navigate back to the display page it polls that tag again and is correct. I have tried a number of things one being in the display properties setting a 5 second time out and running a task of GoToPage(xxx) to try to force it to reload the page. That did not work.

I also tried switching my command over from IsDeviceOnline to GetDeviceStatus. I experienced the same results.
I also tried under the page properties using the On Tick to GoToPage(xxx) to try to force it to reload the page again. No success...

Im going to try using a straight Modbus TCP/IP master tomorrow when I'm back at my test rack to see if the issue is with the schneider driver.

I have yet to contact Redlion but will send an email tomorrow morning. I just wanted to see if some of the talented individuals on this site may have some input on the matter.

Thanks in advance for your time!

nobody has anything to add or try?

I wouldn't use the two items and visibility. I would change the color based on the tag value.

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but it is more straight forward and will make isolating the problem easier. We can start from there.

I have never used either of those functions.
I always use a tag tied to PLC bit and Indicator Pilot light status with the two colors I want to display.
Loss of Comm would make the pilot light turn off.

Thanks for the input guys,

Harbin i will try adding that visibility property to the red indicator.

Str8jCkt im keeping this on the back burner, im trying to manage these faults within the redlion. As a worst case i will fall back on your recommendations.

Thanks for your input

Thanks for the input guys,

Harbin i will try adding that visibility property to the red indicator.

Str8jCkt im keeping this on the back burner, im trying to manage these faults within the redlion. As a worst case i will fall back on your recommendations.

Thanks for your input

You're overcomplicating this. Just do this.

Capture.jpg

Regurdless of the graphics i have displayed the int value in numeric form on the display and the int value does not change either. I also set up the tag in a data log to monitor and it is also freezing up when i go from a connected state to a comm fail state. My graphics work fine the int value is not changing causing my graphics to not change.

Regurdless of the graphics i have displayed the int value in numeric form on the display and the int value does not change either. I also set up the tag in a data log to monitor and it is also freezing up when i go from a connected state to a comm fail state. My graphics work fine the int value is not changing causing my graphics to not change.

OK, I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't something strange happening with the visibility function.

I would contact Redlion directly and see if there is an issue with the PTV. I tested this with a G315 and it works fine. It does take a little time to update though. Somewhere around 15 - 20 seconds.

~RESOLVED~

Its not the perfect fix but it works... after talking to redlion tech support they had me drap a active tag thats linked to each connection on to the display page, after doing that each connection status updates how it should. I then just changed the visibility of the extra tag so its hidden.

~RESOLVED~

Its not the perfect fix but it works... after talking to redlion tech support they had me drap a active tag thats linked to each connection on to the display page, after doing that each connection status updates how it should. I then just changed the visibility of the extra tag so its hidden.

I should have thought of that, I just assumed that your page had tags from each device already.

The only time a device is updated is if the Redlion Device has some reason to update it. This can be through alarms, trends, web pages, or most often, because there are tags on the current page that need to be displayed.