Remote Modification Redlion PTV

whussain6

Hi Guys,
I am trying to download using Crimson 3.0 over the internet using PTV built in Webserver.

Can we use webserver to download crimson program remotely?

I tried it but didnt work

I changed link option to TCP/IP
and then in Communication-Network/Download I have enabled IP Download and selected Port 789. Selection mode Manual and Remote Address is 192.168.1.40.

This IP address I got from the IT guy which is fixed for PTV and the PTV is connected to there network. (It is wireless router)

Also I have ethernet Inputs(Phoneix) connected. Is there any way to find the communication status of these devices from Redlion PTV station? Thanks in advance

Yes you can download remotely but it doesn't use the webserver.

Can you ping the unit at the IP address you were given?

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, I have got it working over the wireless router and hope it will work on other LAN as well. As the final network will be LAN.

Just another quick question, I have 8 Phoneix Digital input module connected to PTV through westermo Ethernet switch. If any one is offline/not connected then my program code (on tick) for all 8 will stop working as it is referencing tags which get data from those input modules. Is there any way to get around it?

Thanks Jeremy, I have got it working over the wireless router and hope it will work on other LAN as well. As the final network will be LAN.

Just another quick question, I have 8 Phoneix Digital input module connected to PTV through westermo Ethernet switch. If any one is offline/not connected then my program code (on tick) for all 8 will stop working as it is referencing tags which get data from those input modules. Is there any way to get around it?

In the program options there is a check box for Run Anyway. This option allows the code to run if some data is missing.

Thanks
Jeremy