Redlion PTV not visible outside LAN

LukeP

Hey Guys and Girls,
I am having alot of difficulty accessing the Red Lion PTV from outside the LAN.
I can ping it from within the LAN, but I can not Ping it from the switch or from outside the LAN.
It is running through a Cisco Switch, are there any unique settings I should be looking at to get it to work with the switch?
Cheers
Luke

Welcome to the Forum !

Be sure you have the PTV's subnet mask and default gateway set so they point to the router that connects your LAN to the outside network.

You might need to define a little better the exact equipment you're using; "Cisco switch" covers a very broad set of devices. If there's a router (and I expect there is), you might need the help of the guys who administer it.

Thanks For the reply Ken,

The Cisco switch is a 2950 Series (48 Port).

The subnet and gateway are correct and other devices on the network are uning the same point without an issue.

LukeP,
There is nothing extra to set in the PTV to allow it to connect outside of your LAN. As Ken mentioned it would involve your switch and/or router.

Thanks
Jeremy

Are there any unique setting we would have to set in the switch or router?
At present the device operates fine on the LAN, but can be see out side of the LAN.
The Gateway and subnet mask is the same as my pc (which is working).
There are no blocked IPs in the switch or router.
And it can not be seen from the router connected to the switch.

There is nothing special that needs setup other than making the IP and port of the PTV publicly accessible.

Thanks
Jeremy

Not exactly sure where you are having problems connecting to it. Can you connect to it with a device plugged in the same switch? Can you connect to it from a device plugged into the router?

If you are trying to connect to it by going through the router (i.e. from your house to the business), you will have to change settings in the router to redirect the traffic to the correct IP address in the subnet. Remote port forwarding will have to be set up for the PTV ip address and the port to redirect traffic to it.