remote switching a motor

Lancie
1 HP = 746 W so 2 = 1492. Per NEC derate of 20 amp breaker of 25% (?) that is 15 amp or 1800 W. So you COULD get 2 HP from a 20 amp breaker. You would not of course from 15 or just BARELY. Course starting current could be a problem on hard starters like air compressors. I dont pay a lot of attention to consumer appliances in general and only buy the bigger contractor commercial stuff. At the big boxes I stay with DeWalt or Milwaukee but generally do as well and often better at Grainger. I generally avoid anything that has any influence from Madison Ave.
Dan Bentler

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Got any pointers or rules if I have system that has a Local HMI and is also is able to be controlled by a network. Should the person locally only...
Replies
Views
Hello, I work at a large canning factory, We have many can tracks from our processing area to the warehouse. To be flexible it is required that...
Replies
Views
So I'm pretty new around here but I come looking for advice or suggestions to research. Im the plant electrician/SCADA guy for a warer department...
Replies
Views
See the screenshot of EIP tag list. We are trying to read in a digital input that is hard-wired. It is shown here as I31.1. I believe we cannot...
Replies
Views
Hello Dear users, I am writing about a problem that has been bothering me for a few days, i.e. I am trying to establish remote access to the Allen...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom