Replacing a PF700 on controlnet

milldrone

I'm having problems replacing a PF700 vector control drive on a controlnet network. I knew it was going to be an uphill battle when the old HIM complained on a version mismatch.

The old drive was version 3.2 series A. The new drive is a version 6.3 series B. I believe this is the first drive I have replaced that crossed the series A / series B boundary. In the past we have been able to flash the drive firmware to 4.6 and get it to work with our controlnet network. I was able to flash the drive to 4.6 and download the change to the PLC program.

Now Logix is complaining about the version of the com card and scheduling. The old card was 1.001 series A and the new card is 2.006 series B. Linx has no problem communicating with the drive. How do I reconcile the version and scheduling difference on the comm card?

have you tried?
in ControlNet deleting the node then adding with the correct version/revision?

you need to check that the correct words are transferred with the same size

have you tried?
in ControlNet deleting the node then adding with the correct version/revision?

you need to check that the correct words are transferred with the same size

MichaelG,

At this moment production will not let me take the machine offline, due to air quality testing. The PLC controls a dual level line, so we are running on one level only.

Can you use the Match Drive option in Logix?
That normally does the trick for me.
Also, make sure that the EDS files are loaded for Networx.

rdrast,

The match drive option is greyed out.

I have changed the offline file to include the revision change in the controlnet com card on the drive. So waiting on production to let me take the machine offline for a download.

Problem solved, We rescheduled via rs networx (my first experience). MichaelG, thanks for suggesting the delete thing it prompted me to investigate RS networx.