Resetting a PanelView Component C600?

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
While editing a screen on a PVc (2711-T6M) via USB, the screen went into screensaver mode, and the browser lost connection. Now when I cycle power to the screen, it skips the boot sequence, and immediately displays the screensaver. The screensaver is 'running', because the AB logo changes location on the screen. When I try to connect to the screen, I just get the 'loading' dialog (see attachment) :(

Is there some kind of 'hard reset' on these units? Or, is there a way to access the configuration menu (like the touching opposite corners of the screen trick)? I've tried leaving the power off for a while, but it still comes up 'stuck' in this mode.

šŸ»

-Eric

P.S. Besides this major issue, these HMIs really are the worst attempt at an HMI I've ever seen. Way to go, AB... :rolleyes:

Clipboard01.jpg

Solved!

SOLUTION: Unplug the USB cable from the computer... šŸ™ƒ

Looks like the PVc stays 'alive' via the 5V power on the USB lead. I just powered it up after being off for at least a 1/2 hour, and it was still stuck in screensaver mode. As a test, I powered it down and unplugged the USB cable. When I powered it back up, it booted normally. Go figure...

I don't see a KB article on this, but there should be.

šŸ»

-Eric

"Have I told you how much I HATE my new PanelView Component C600?" <-- I'm just poking fun at gbradley's post from 2 years ago... :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I am thoroughly UN-impressed with this HMI. It's on a piece of existing equipment we're integrating with other stuff, so I kind of got stuck with it. I tried programming it offline with CCW, but when I went to transfer the edited file, it complained about it being a different version or something. Probably just needed a firmware update, but I don't have time to research the problem. I only needed to make a few changes.

The browser interface is painfully slow, and likes to hang/crash a lot. I've attached a shot of the screen after it corrupted the file I was working on. The left side is the original, while the right side is what I ended up with. Lots of OKs, which was NOT okay IMO. Thankfully I had a backup.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Red Lion stuff, which (regardless of that 'Pick any 2' quote) is good, fast, AND cheap!... (y)

šŸ»

-Eric

abfail.jpg