RFID PcProx to Devicemaster to Controllogix

jeffrey979

I have an application where I am scanning an RFID card on a PcProx (RS232) passing this data to a devicemaster UP 1P 5 and on to the Compactlogix Controller (1768-L43). This a new process for me and I am hoping someone here can give me an idea of what to do to make it work.

I have the devicemaster setup with Ethernet/IP write-to-tag (IP and slot 0), Serial Port with STX/ETX Rx detect (002,003 respectively) with the standard 9600, no parity, 8, 1, no flow.

I'm pretty sure all cabling is accurate and yet I have yet to see the data in the designated controllogix tag. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you program the PcProx? I don't think you need to setup the STX/ETX Rx detect unless you have the PcProx also setup the same way.

What is the tag name in the PLC and what is the data type. I'm just starting to use the devicemaster with a Controllogix and I have an array of SINTS as my tag in the PLC.

Sir,

Thank you for responding, I need all the help I can get.

Another engineer who is unavailable for reference has told me that he didn't need to setup the pcProx at all, however I believe that the setup may be needed.

These are the configurations...
Devicemaster Serial Port Settings:

Mode: RS-232, 9600, none, 8, 1, no flow dtr off, 200ms Timeout is 200ms

Serial Packet ID Settings

STX Rx Detect: one byte, 2
ETX Rx Detect: one byte, 3
Discard Rx Pkts With Errors: yes
PLC Specific Settings
STX Tx Append: one byte, 2
eTX Tx Append: one byte, 3
Strip Rx STX/ETX Chars: no

Ethernet/IP iis 192.168.1.10, slot 0
Tag is DM_Rx_Data which is:
SeqNumber=INT, Decimal
Length=INT, Decimal
Data=SINT[440], ASCII

These are all the settings, all others on the Devicemaster unit are default or not used.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jeff Miller

Can you try a tag in the PLC which is just a SINT[440]? I didn't have any luck with the UDT like they show in the manual.

To start I would also recommend installing the PcProx software. You can test and program the badge reader their first.