RFideas PCprox rs232c reader

cire3621

For those of you using Rfideas PCprox readers...how are you getting that data to reach your plc? I can hook it up in hyperterminal and and it will give me the cards number soon as pass it in front of the reader. But I cannot seem to get the PLC to retrieve the cards number and place it in a holding register with my Idec Microsmart pentra and i cut the wires and put them in a screw terminal right hand rs232c expanion module on the plc. The wiring is correct and every pass makes my receive light come on my plc...but I just dont know how to interpret the data. I assumed a rxd command reading ASCII was gonna be the trick...but I cannot get this data in the plc.

Similar Topics

Hi All, About to start a project using a B&R C70 HMI/PLC with RFIdeas usb reader and a few DI, DO and AI. Also want to use the SQL capabilities...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect a RFIDeas RFID card reader to an Ethernet Card in a Controllogix system. 1756-ENBT/A ver. 6.006. The Module is setup as...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a rfideas rfid reader ethernet/ip that I am trying to connect with a micrologix 1400 over ethernet/ip. I was told this would work...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to ask you for pcProx Plus rfid reader connection to Pro-Face HMI. RFID Type: RDR-805W1AKU-C72 (RFIDeas) HMI...
Replies
Views
I have an application where I am scanning an RFID card on a PcProx (RS232) passing this data to a devicemaster UP 1P 5 and on to the Compactlogix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom