Rmps

gimli

Hello all,

Newbie here..never used this function before..messing around with it a bit.

Can this be used for cooling as well as heating? I have a need to cool a process using ramp/soak steps.

any help is great :)

It will be helpful if you state the control platform you are using. I see from previous posts that this might be an AB platform but it is best to restate that in a new thread.

Last edited:
Sorry yes...AB... Logix Designer 5000...L33ER Controller.

Been messing with it for a bit. Seems like it can do what I need.

A few questions

Not sure what the RMPS does with the PV input. The RMPS calculates the OUT based on time and requested set points...so
right now I dont have PV wired.

Also, at the end of the ramp/soak cycle I have it in HOLD since I dont want cycles repeating right away. Cant seem to figure out the best way to start the same ramp/soak cycle again..basically re running the profile. Right now toggling to MANUAL mode and back to AUTO mode restarts the profile...just wondering if there is a better way.

thanks much :)