Rockwell factorytalk view - tag out of service

rtragle

I'm getting an error when I click a momentary push button

The error that I'm getting is:
Problem writing value 'False' to item (tag)
Write attempt for item (tag) failed (out of service) on route Controllogix in slot 0 of the chassis at (ip)

The tags match in the plc and hmi.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,
Ryan

A couple of things to check:

- Do other tag writes work to the same PLC?
- Is the tag in the controler scope, or a program scope in the PLC? I believe you can write to program-scoped tags, but you have to define the program as well in the tag path
- Is the tag set to allow remote read/write access?
- Have you definitely selected the right PLC shortcut?
- Are you 100% positive your tags match in the PLC and HMI? (the amount of times I've been caught out by switching a full stop and an underscore or something equally as dumb...)