Rockwell Studio 5000 version compatability

jaden

I am trying to connect with a Compact Logix L32E with version 20 firmware.
I have downloaded ver. 20.05 software, it says it is installed successfully, but the L32 processor does not show up as a choice in the Studio 5000. Dealer thinks the older versions don't work with the newer applications? Any ideas?

The 1769-L32E absolutely should be supported by RSLogix 5000 v20.05.

Are any CompactLogix controllers listed in the drop-down menu when you create a new project ?

If you also have v21 or newer software installed, be sure you are opening "RSLogix 5000", not "Studio 5000 Logix Designer".

v20 and prior was "RSLogix 5000", v21 to present is "Studio 5000 Logix Designer".

RSLv2005_Controllers.PNG