RS Linx and PIC driver

HJTRBO

Hi I couldn't get the PIC driver started today. I have never used it on this laptop and had to borrow a workmates laptop instead. I was making a change to a panelview 550. I have attached a photo of my error. I don't know much about AB so maybe I missed something easy? What I can say is that I have used the RS232 DF1 serial driver and ethernet drivers with my laptop and never had any problems. I am running XP Pro SP3 and RS Linx version 2.57 through VMPlayer and I have a real serial port on the host.
I would be grateful for some help please. I didn't have much luck searching.

I believe it is a SP3 problem, if you do a search in the last few days of posted I am sure there was a post about it, one of the forum members has a procedure to fix the problem, something to do with SER_NUM.

Alan

I believe it is a SP3 problem, if you do a search in the last few days of posted I am sure there was a post about it, one of the forum members has a procedure to fix the problem, something to do with SER_NUM.

Alan

Thank you Alan, I found the thread here http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=63919&highlight=sp3
I usually skip over the AB threads šŸ™ƒ
This has got the driver started which sounds like the hard part according to my research. I wont get a chance to test it again till next week but I think i'll be sweet now mate. Cheers, Nathan