RSL 5k Edit Description

In your JSR you could alias to your I/O points....

more specifically, Motor_Status and Motor_Start would be called Cooler_Fan_Status and Cooler_Fan_Start

Thats what the JSR does, it transfers it to the tag in the structure. If the I/O was aliased then thats an extra step and more tags in the window that don't really do anything. Plus thats the point of having them all together in the same structure.

Yes you can - and,
No it isn't -

Look at the data type of MyAlias (Post #10). It is a DINT, it reflects the data type of what it is an alias for, namely the .ACC of the Timer in the UDT called Structure.

MyAlias is not an alias for the whole structure at all, just a sub-sub-element of it.

Your right, I looked at it wrong. But, you cant alias a tag INSIDE a that structure. I like to keep all points associated with a device together. Your example is just breaking one portion of the structure out to a separate alias. I couldnt have an element called .status that was a bool in a UDT and then alias that as the physical I/O point inside the structure. You have to move it there somehow which is what I do with my jsrs that I use.

It doesn't matter, and I'm not breaking anything out of the structure, merely referencing the I/O point with a meaningful name, instead of an arbitrary address which could easily get mis-typed.

The parameters you are passing in your JSR are just passing values into the subroutine, not the tags themselves.

Presumably your SBR looks something like this.. (attached).. where the input parameters are overlaid into the _HMI tag passed as Input1, there is no need for code.

If you are doing this, be careful if you ever consider using SoftLogix, or the Emulator, parameters are handled in REVERSE ORDER...!! go figure.

sbr.jpg

Last edited: