RSLinx 1747-PIC A

ascot01

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just installed RSLogix ver. 7.00.00 on a Dell laptop along with RSLinx Classic Lite. When I try to configure a driver for the AB 1747-PIC A (DH-485) module, I get this error:
"Cannot create new PIC device when RSLinx is running as a service. To create a new PIC device, run RSLinx Classic as a normal application and then create the device."
I went into sevices and changed RSLinx from 'Automatic' to 'Manual' but that didn't work.

I'm trying to connect to a SLC 5/03.

I'm new at setting up drivers with RSLinx but it seems straightforward.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Go to the windows start menue go to the rslinx control panel. At the bottom you will see "run as service" un-check this and it should work.

Similar Topics

A customer called and related that their driver for the PIC had gotten deleted. He added the 1747 PIC/AIC+ driver in Linx,configured it for com1...
Replies
Views
Ken Roach: I recently tried connecting to a SLC 5/01 with a 1747-PIC and I could not! I always used to be able too, but my local AB rep believes...
Replies
Views
I get an error message while trying to communicate with a 5/02,using a 1747 PIC from my laptop using RSLinx.I am using a USB to serial interface...
Replies
Views
The tittle mainly says it all. I tried to add a new driver (1747-PIC) to RSLinx Classic 2.50 and when I click on ADD NEW it does nothing at all...
Replies
Views
I am having windows XP on laptop. it has a serial port. I am using RSLinx 2.30. I am not able to see the PIC driver in driver list during...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom