RSLinx EDS file issue

Same Issue, But Still No Luck

Hey Guys,

I have been searching the web for sometime and came across this forum. I have the same issue that this thread pertains to and I have tried the backup/restore fix suggested and it does not work for me. I cannot load an EDS file from the EDS Hardware Installation Tool nor can I upload a file from the device. I get the same Windows System Error (0x80070002).

Any other suggestions before I deactivate and uninstall all my Rockwell software and try again?

Thanks

Rs Linx config file

Hi. My RsLinx configuration worked and solved the eds file problem when Ive loaded this config file. You must change the DWG extension to RSX to work. Ive change the extension to DWG hence the forum wouldn't let me attach it to this post. Hope it helps you solve your problem. Good luck!

I am having the same problem, when trying to register an EDS file, I get the dreaded 0X80070003 error message. I am running Win 7, 64 Bit and RSLogix 5000 V20. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no luck. I also tried loading the RSLinx Config file (above) with no luck.
Does anyone have any other tricks to try?

Thanks in advance

Dan St John
Ft Collins, CO