RSLinx Ethernet connection timeout parameter

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know if the connection retry/timeout parameter for ethernet connections in RSlinx can be adjusted. I have had many occasions where I have used Who Active--> Go Online to the wrong ethernet based PLC in RSlinx and had to wait for the 10-20 sec timeout period.

Becomes frustrating when you are on a job site and the customer is screaming $100 per litre product is gushing down the drain and in the confusion to get online , the wrong unconnected PLC is selected , and the time out period has to expire before the correct PLC can be connected to.

Ian

curlyandshemp said:
Anyone know if the connection retry/timeout parameter for ethernet connections in RSlinx can be adjusted. I have had many occasions where I have used Who Active--> Go Online to the wrong ethernet based PLC in RSlinx and had to wait for the 10-20 sec timeout period.

Becomes frustrating when you are on a job site and the customer is screaming $100 per litre product is gushing down the drain and in the confusion to get online , the wrong unconnected PLC is selected , and the time out period has to expire before the correct PLC can be connected to.

Ian

Bump.....

Is this wishful thinking on my part this timeout can be changed?

Ian

Bump!

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Seriously, RSLinx Enterprise apparently has a 60 second timeout whenever I try to do a "who active" and it tries to communicate with the last node. Is there any way to change the timeout?

Mike

I know several sharp motivated folks who have tried to fix this, to my knowledge there is not an answer?

I am very interested in this too!