RSLinx EthernetIP Driver does not start

qwemx

RSLinx EthernetIP Driver is not starting on Windows 7 PC
I have an old XP PC and it works there and I am able to upload program - I tried compatiblity mode and also changed the version from 3.xx to 2.54 and it wont even start and go to Running State

What state is it in? Stopped?

My first instinct is this is an admin problem. Try setting windows UAC to the lowest setting and run RSLinx as administrator.

when I add a new Ethernet / IP driver on xp it will go to running and shows up in the list of running drivers while on Windows 7 PC nothing happens after I hit add and select the name the driver does not show in list at all where the currently cinfigured drivers are listed .

qwemx said:
RSLinx EthernetIP Driver is not starting on Windows 7 PC

RSLinx is free, have you downloaded a new(er) version? if this is the same version you are running on your XP machine that maybe the issue

I downgraded to the same version which I had on XP and both did not work , the newer 3.x was not working and so I already have seen 2.5 working on XP so downgraded and it did not work

Windows 7 64 bit is officially unsupported .There is no compatible version for 64 Bit OS, Rockwell suggested to use 5.10 but that also did not work

Windows 7 32/64-bit versions are officially unsupported NOW. It WAS supported up through version 4.11. Version 4.20 removed official support for all versions of Windows 7.

Windows 7 support started with version 3.60. So, versions 3.60 through version 4.11 officially supported Windows 7. Older and newer versions might also work, but they are not officially supported.

There is no version 5.1 of RSLinx Classic. Version 4.21 is the current version.

OG